About Me

My photo
I am a "Twenty something" year old Swedish girl, currently living in Montreal for the past 5 years. I recently started blogging. I write a lot about my life in Montreal, work, traveling, shopping, friends and sometimes a little bit about LOVE. Even though my blog talks a lot about fashion I would not call it a "fashion blog". I am not quite sure what to call this blog. I blog about everything I love around the world. It can be anything from fashion to food. It's simply a Viktoria blog, a blog about the things I love...so I will call it ViktoriaLove! Welcome to my blog!

ViktoriaLove has a new website

ViktoriaLove has a new URL click HERE to visit the new site


September 22, 2010

Good Books and Blah....

Share



Morning....morning gray rainy weather and my friend "the cold"....

I tried to open my eyes this morning but it's like they were glued together and no matter how hard I pressed they wouldn't open. After tossing and turning I finally managed to get out of bed.
Last night I wasn't sure if my friend " the cold" actually came to visit me but now it's official he did and he is here to stay. Ugh!!! Hope it will be a quick visit this time.


The upside of the rainy weather and having a cold is that I get to stay home and:

1. Re-arrange my closets from summer to winter clothes, shoes & jackets.

2. Apply for a job I really want and I am really excited about.

3. Read the new books I bought yesterday.

4. Hang out with my little Chihuahua...Mikey.

5. Work on my exciting online project which is very close to the finish line.



Here are the two books that I think everyone should try to read. When I first heard the titles of these books, I didn't find them attractive to read at all but no that I started reading the I LOVE them. They are both great books and are worth the read!
I always end up reading two books at the same time, I don't know why but it happens. Either I am to eager to read the books so I start both at the same time or sometimes I need a break from one of the books so then I switch to the other one..lol...this is how I read.
Anyone else with funny or weird reading habits?




Personal-finance author and lecturer Robert Kiyosaki developed his unique economic perspective through exposure to a pair of disparate influences: his own highly educated but fiscally unstable father, and the multimillionaire eighth-grade dropout father of his closest friend. The lifelong monetary problems experienced by his "poor dad" (whose weekly paychecks, while respectable, were never quite sufficient to meet family needs) pounded home the counterpoint communicated by his "rich dad" (that "the poor and the middle class work for money," but "the rich have money work for them"). Taking that message to heart, Kiyosaki was able to retire at 47. Rich Dad, Poor Dad, written with consultant and CPA Sharon L. Lechter, lays out his the philosophy behind his relationship with money. Although Kiyosaki can take a frustratingly long time to make his points, his book nonetheless compellingly advocates for the type of "financial literacy" that's never taught in schools. Based on the principle that income-generating assets always provide healthier bottom-line results than even the best of traditional jobs, it explains how those assets might be acquired so that the jobs can eventually be shed.

(description taken from Amazon.ca)





"....is the story of Julian Mantle, a superstar lawyer whose out-of-balance lifestyle leads him to an almost fatal heart attack in a packed courtroom. His physical collapse brings on a spiritual crisis that forces him to confront the condition of his life and seek answers to life’s most important questions. Hoping to find happiness and fulfillment, he embarks upon an extraordinary odyssey to an ancient culture where he discovers a powerful system to release the potential of his mind, body and soul and learns to live with greater passion, purpose and peace. Brilliantly blending timeless spiritual wisdom of the East with cutting-edge success principles of the West, this inspiring tale shows you a step-by-step pathway for living with greater courage, balance, abundance and joy."
(description taken from Amazon.ca)


Let me know what you think of these books if you have read them or after you read them. I hope you will like them.
Now I am going to go and have my morning coffee and feel better, pop lots of cold medicine (although it just makes you feel better but DOES NOT actually get rid of the cold).

No comments:

Blogg listad på Bloggtoppen.seblogarama.comFollow my blog with bloglovin