About Me

My photo
I am a "Twenty something" year old Swedish girl, currently living in Montreal for the past 5 years. I recently started blogging. I write a lot about my life in Montreal, work, traveling, shopping, friends and sometimes a little bit about LOVE. Even though my blog talks a lot about fashion I would not call it a "fashion blog". I am not quite sure what to call this blog. I blog about everything I love around the world. It can be anything from fashion to food. It's simply a Viktoria blog, a blog about the things I love...so I will call it ViktoriaLove! Welcome to my blog!

ViktoriaLove has a new website

ViktoriaLove has a new URL click HERE to visit the new site


August 9, 2010

‘A Head For Fashion’ by Anna Halldin-Maule

Share
Before I go to bed I wanted to share something truly amazing with all off you who LOVE FASHION & ART as much as I do.
While being in Europe all summer I have been to a few art galleries and one of the sales agents told be that if I love fashion and art I should take a look at Anna Halldin-Maule's paitings.


Naturally I was blown away by Anna Halldin-Maule’s “A Head For Fashion,” paintings, whose theme is women and fashion and that line between love for a well made item and insanity. Like you can see in the painting above with the women wearing a "LV" tote bag over her head and nothing else but a pair of high heel shoes.
This is a pretty crazy picture but whats even more crazy is, this oil on canvas piece is based on photographs.

The artist Anna Halldin-Maule also says :

“Women take fashion very seriously. It’s a way of living, a lifestyle. But when you take it too far it becomes almost comical. And I wanted to show that in the paintings in a humorous way, a little bit of tongue in cheek. But to make it beautifully with the gorgeous bags and the beautiful shoes and the accessories, which I love. The reason I chose the Louis Vuitton bag is partly because it’s such a coveted item. Everyone who sees the bag knows it. But also because of the craftsmanship. It’s a beautifully-made bag. The quality is excellent. All of the stitches, the leather is perfect. It’s something I want to achieve with my paintings as well.”

I’m a big fan of photo-realism. The idea of precisely recreating reality in a painting is so facinating to me, but when I saw the series 'A head For Fashion' I knew that these must be the most amazing paintings I have seen in a long, long time or maybe even ever. I was in AWWW!!!
I am sure some of you are going to think that these paintings are a bit extreme but I think they are still very classy and very artsy.

This painting, with the two naked women fighting over a Hermes Birkin bag, must be my favorite out of this series.
I just LOVE it!! It's sooo fierce, you can almost feel the strenght and the anger that these two women portray against eachother.

So for all you fashion lovers and art lovers I think this must be one of the most AMAZING pieces of art you can purchase. I know it is for me anyways!

Here is Anna Halldin-Maule's website where you can have a look at her amazing art pieces
http://www.maulestudios.com

xoxo

No comments:

Blogg listad på Bloggtoppen.seblogarama.comFollow my blog with bloglovin